Thursday, December 17, 2015

Vung Tau - famous destination for weekendtrips from Saigon City

Vung Tau - well-known destination for weekendtrips from Saigon City

Vung Tau (Vũng Tàu) is a city in Southern Vietnam. It is 125 km (about 77 miles) from Ho Chi Minh City, and is a popular location for weekend trips from Ho Chi Minh City.

Understand

Vung Tau is the traveler and mall of BACHELOR'S DEGREE Rịa - Vũng Tàu (an industrial province in Southeastern Vietnam). The whole city location rests on a peninsula which is separated from the mainland by a gulf river called Co May river.

History

During 15th and 14th centuries, the cape that would end up being Vũng Tàu was an area which European trading ships went to routinely. The ships' activities influenced the name Vũng Tàu, meanings that "ship's bay" or "anchorage" in Vietnamese. Portuguese navigators who passed Vũng Tàu sometimes called it Sant'Iago after Saint James. The French, who got into and took over Vietnam in the mid-19th century called it Cap Saint Jacques (Cape St. James.) The cliff of Vũng Tàu is now called Mũi Nghinh Phong (literally indicates "Cape of greeting the wind").

Vũng Tàu was initially described as Tam Thắng ("Three Boats") in memory of the first 3 towns in this location: Thắng Nhất, Thắng Nhị, Thắng Tam. It was within the province of Biên Hòa under the Nguyen dynasty, the last imperial house to rule Vietnam.

February 10, 1859 marks the date of the use of cannons by the Nguyen militaries against the French when they fired at the French battleships from the fortress of Phước Thắng, located 100 m from Vũng Tàu's Front Beach. This marked an important period in Vietnam's war versus French intruders in the Southern a lot of part of Vietnam (then called Cochinchina). Nevertheless, the French prospered in dominating the southern part of Vietnam by 18 February 1859.

In 1876, according to a decree by the French colonialists, Vũng Tàu was combined in Bà Rịacounty, a part of Saigon administration (French: Circonscription De Saigon).

On 1 May 1895 the guv of Cochinchina established by decree that Cap Saint Jacques would afterwards be an autonomous town. In 1898, Cap Saint Jacques was combined with Bachelor's degree Ria County once again but was divided once again in 1899.

http://www.gettingvietnamvisa.com/requirements/australian/

In 1901, the population of Vũng Tàu was 5,690, of which 2000 persons were immigrants from Northern Vietnam. Most of the town's population made their living in the fishing industry.

On 4 April 1905 Cap Saint Jacques was made an administrative district of Bachelor's degree Ria province. In 1929, Cap Saint Jacques ended up being a province, and in 1934 became a city (commune).

The French guv of Indochina, Paul Doumer (who later became President of France), developed a mansion in Vũng Tàu that is still a popular landmark in the city.

During the Vietnam War (called the American War in Vietnam), Vũng Tàu was the home of the Australian Army and American support devices, and was a popular area for in-country R&R for U.S. combat soldiers. After the war, Vũng Tàu was a typical introducing location for the Vietnamese Boat Individuals fleeing the new program.

On 30 May 1979, Vũng Tàu town was made the capital of Vũng Tàu-Côn Đảo Special Admistrative Zone.

On 12 August 1991, the province of BACHELOR'S DEGREE Rịa-Vũng Tàu was officially started and Vũng Tàu town officially ended up being Vũng Tàu city.

Economy and society

Today, the city's significance as a shipping port has actually decreased, but it still plays a considerable role in Vietnam's overseas oil market. Vung Tau is the only petroleum base of Vietnam where crude oil and gas exploitation activities dominate the city's economy and contribute primary earnings to Vietnam's budget and export volume.

Vũng Tàu is home to 210,000 individuals, of which 1250 are Russians working as professionals in the oil industry.

Phu My Port is a deep-water port able to accommodate ships ranging in between 40,000 and 60,000 dwt.Phu My is an industrial port without any towns nearby. A shuttle bus might be provided to the small town of Bachelor's degree Ria where you can take a taxi to a larger city like Vung Tau.


Throughout 15th and 14th centuries, the cape that would become Vũng Tàu was a location which European trading ships went to regularly. The ships' activities influenced the name Vũng Tàu, which implies "ship's bay" or "anchorage" in Vietnamese. Portuguese navigators who passed Vũng Tàu numerous times called it Sant'Iago after Saint James. The cliff of Vũng Tàu is now called Mũi Nghinh Phong (actually suggests "Cape of greeting the wind").

February 10, 1859 marks the date of the usage of cannons by the Nguyen armed forces versus the French when they fired at the French battleships from the fortress of Phước Thắng, situated 100 m from Vũng Tàu's Front Beach.

0 comments:

Post a Comment