Monday, January 20, 2014

UK Visa Guide

Tier 1
Exceptional Talent
Available to exceptionally skilled and talented individuals, each application under this category of visa for the UK is judged on its individual merits.

For highly skilled workers, this category UK Visa is no longer available to new applicants. Existing visa holders are still eligible for a renewal or extension.

Granting a visa to the UK to those who have the experience and funding to start a business in Britain. Applicants need to prove their business experience, as well as their ability to set up and run a business in the UK.

Similar to the Entrepreneur visa, this grants a UK visa to those who make large investments in the UK economy.

Tier 2
Work Permit
This tier works as a temporary UK Visa if you have a job offer from a UK company and meet the minimum points requirement based on education and earnings. Whether you can remain in the UK or extend your visa depends on individual circumstances.

Change of Employment
This allows for Work Permit holders to switch between jobs. Applicants must have a job offer from a UK company and meet the minimum points requirement based on education and earnings.

Intra-company Transfer (ICT)
This UK Visa allows overseas employees of a multi-national company to come to the UK to work for their existing employer. We work with both employers and individuals to ensure that this process goes as smoothly as possible and follows all UK regulation.

Tier 4
UK Student Visa
This visa is for students who would like to come and study in the UK for more than 6 months. There are child and adult versions, and which you take out depends on your age. Applicants must have a visa letter from an approved UK education provider and provide evidence of maintenance fees and living expenses.

Tier 5
Creative and Sport Workers
If you are an expert in your field within creative industries or sports, you can come and work in the UK on a Tier 5 visa. You will need to prove your experience and expertise as part of the application process.

Youth Mobility Scheme (YMS)
Young people from selected countries can come to the UK to work for up to 2 years on the Youth Mobility Scheme. This allows people between the ages of 18 and 30 to experience the UK lifestyle, gain valuable work experience, and even study for a limited period of time. You may also take short trips to Europe and explore further afield.

UK Family Visas
Marriage visa
This is for people who would like to join their British spouse in the UK. You will need to be over the age threshold, and show that your partner can support both of you when you first move. There is an additional income requirement if you are bringing dependent children to the UK.

Fiancé visa
If you are not yet married but intend to wed within 6 months of arriving in the UK, this visa will let you join your British partner. You must be over 21 years old, prove your intention to marry, and fulfil the income requirements too.

Dependency Visa
In order to come to the UK on a Dependency Visa, your family member must be your Mother, Grandmother, Father or Grandfather and meet certain criteria. In some cases parents or Grandparents under 65 qualify. Additionally, son, daughter, sister, brother, under 18 sometimes qualify depending on individual circumstances. There are a number of Dependency Visas which cover a variety of relationships and situations.

Unmarried Partner Visa
If you are neither married, nor intend to, you can still join your British partner in the UK under an Unmarried Partner Visa. You will need to prove your relationship, your intentions, and show that you can support yourselves in the UK.

Ancestry Visa
People who are Commonwealth citizens whose grandparent was born in the UK (or Republic of Ireland before March 1922) can come to the UK on an Ancestry Visa.

Tourist Visa
This visa covers business trips and medical trips under 6 months as well as a simple holiday.

Indefinite Leave to Remain
Commonly known as UK residency, you normally need to have a minimum of 4 or 5 years continuous residence in the UK on the same visa (the amount of years depends on which visa you are on) in order to be eligible for ILR.

UK Citizenship
Citizenship is the final stage of permanent immigration, and you will need to be over the age of 18 to be eligible. There are also residency requirements, such as living in the UK for at least 5 years and not spending more than 450 days of the time abroad. You also have to show that you have not broken any immigration rules during that period to be eligible.

Prospective Entrepreneur
This visa allows applicants to live in the UK while attempting to start a business in the country. It simplifies the pathway to Tier 1 visas, but has its own requirements which must be met as part of the application process.

UK Visa Extensions
Depending on what type of visa you have, you may be able to extend your visa to remain in the UK for longer. For some visas, this is not an option and you must leave the UK once it has expires. Several visas allow a natural progression onto another visa, or offer the option of switching visas if your circumstances have changed.


Post a Comment